SHA is a world-class pioneering wellness clinic dedicated to the improvement and notable prolongation of people’s well-being through the combination of antique Oriental disciplines and revolutionary Western techniques. This combination re-establishes a harmonious balance between body, mind and spirit. SHA’s major fields are natural health, anti-aging and non-invasive Aesthetic Medicine.
The SHA Method combines the effective elements of modern macrobiotic nutrition and the curative potential of natural therapies with a dynamic and practical educative program, all completely personalised to satisfy the individual’s needs in relation to their health objectives and supervised by internationally renowned experts. Macrobiotics has helped thousands of people to discover a simple and natural way to establish and re-establish good health. The curative power of food through the application of a macrobiotic diet adapted to modern times, being prescribed individually for each of the guests by the team of consultants, and realized by masters of haut-cuisine.
Natural therapies see illness as an unbalance between body, mind and spirit, and thus fostering the power of the organism to cure itself. Acupuncture, shiatsu, yoga, chi-kung, tai-chi, watsu, physiotherapy, laughter therapy, reflexology, moxibustion and reiki, are some of the therapies SHA Wellness Clinic offers you.
SHA Wellness Clinic aims to teach the creation and maintenance of healthy habits that improve the individual’s life quality, providing them with a sense of physical and mental well-being, and helping them to prevent and cure many of the illnesses of our time. Conferences, talks, activities, introductory classes to macrobiotic cookery, yoga, tai-chi, chi-kung, relaxation, breathing exercises, laughter therapy; all these have the aim of providing them with the tools to continue living healthily after their stay at SHA.
Situated in Albir Beach, nearby the picturesque town of Villa de Altea (Autonomous Region of Valencia), SHA sits on a beautiful mountainside overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, part of the Sierra Helada Natural Park, one of Spain’s foremost ornithological reserves. The mild and agreeable micro-climate of the area guarantees fantastic temperatures all year around, the area recognised by the World Health Organisation as having one of the World’s best climates, this in itself being an important factor for the maintenance of optimum health.
The SHA building is the most recent creation of the prestigious Uruguayan architect, Carlos Gilardi, and the prize-winning European designer, Elvira Blanco Montenegro. 5 architecturally-surprising independent structures, inter-communicated by bridges, comprise the edifice, and contain 93 suites with surface areas of between 80 and 320 square meters. The resort includes large swimming pools and waterfalls, and many relaxation areas such as the Zen, Mediterranean and Tropical gardens. All the suites are of modern design and include lounge, dressing room, air-conditioning, safe, and the very latest technology. Each one has a spacious terrace from which one can enjoy a spectacular view of the Mediterranean Sea and the Sierra Helada. Some suites are also endowed with a Hydro-spa. Some include a kitchenette, so that the Chef or one of the members of his team can prepare meals in the suite itself, giving a private class in Macrobiotic cookery, if the guest so desires.
Awarded as Favorite Spa of Spain 2009, SHA’s Spa comprises more than 1,300m2, divided into wet zone and treatment zone. One can also enjoy massages and treatments in the open air with heavenly views all around, in a unique environment of Balinese couches set on the terraces surrounding the Infinity Pool, or indeed in one’s own suite.
The Wellness Area has at its disposal a hair-styling salon, pedicure and podology salons, and a tea-room with oriental fitotherapy for relaxation and rest. Sodashi, La Ric and John Masters Organics are just some of the brands of natural cosmetics found in this oasis of relaxation and beauty.
- indoor pool
- physio-hydro-massage pool
- tone-up pool
- pebbles path
- sensation shower
- relaxation areas
- zen garden
- flotarium with salt water from the Dead Sea
- installations for chromo- and music therapy
- 16 treatment cabins
- 1 couples treatment suite
- Yoga and Meditation Rooms
- Fitness centre
- SHA Wellness Clinic recommends to its clients to begin their programs on Sundays preferably between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- This program can be extended to a 14 day program, please contact us and we will send you a quotation.
- If you are interested in staying in a Deluxe Suite, Grand Suite or the Presidential Suite (max. up to 4 people for both Suites) please ask us for a quotation (Presidential Suite includes helicopter transfer from the airport, personal butler service and limousine with chauffeur at your disposal – min. stay of 7 days).
- This program can be extended with one of the aesthetics programs (Facial Rejuvenation, Corporal Rejuvenation, Biologic Natural Rejuvenation, Rejuvenation for men, Hand Rejuvenation, Integral Rejuvenation), please ask us for a quotation.
- Most of the SHA programs and the SHA life learning centre activities are available in English and Spanish, translation services are available under request and at an extra cost.
- Transfer from Alicante Airport 150€/trip
- Transfer from Valencia Airport 250€/trip
- Helicopter transfer is available on request
- Taxi services are available in both airports of Alicante and Valencia
- We can help you to organize rent a car
- SHA offers the following services for your comfort and entertainment: golf, sailing, riding, personal shopper service, Valencia city tour, Alicante city tour, helicopter ride, hot air balloon, etc.
- In the Spa & pool area nudity is NOT allowed
- Children under 16 are not allowed to participate in the programs or in the Spa Area.
Knowledgeable experience with well trained employees!
H.D – Germany
Yes, I am satisfied with SHA. It is a good place for detoxing & weight loss!
mr Waleed, Kuwait
It was a great and wonderful experience, giving me both rest and new energies and all this combined with a more than welcome but not "hard to get" weight loss.
I returned home safe and sound and above all very happy from SHA Wellness Clinic! I even found more than I expected at SHA and I am very impressed! It was a journey to myself, where I got to know lovely people and learned a lot. It was so nice that I will definitely go back and thus we remain in contact! One should perhaps point out that for some programs it might be better to reserve additional treatments in advance: for example, the foot reflexology massage. This treatment is so popular that there is a waiting list. Thank you so much for everything!!!!!!
_Susanne K., Zaragoza, Spain_
I had a fantastic time at SHA, it was definitely the right choice. I arrived at SHA feeling depleted of energy, very tired, sluggish and carrying extra weight. I left feeling rejuvenated, full of energy and lighter. What makes SHA so exceptional is the staff. They put 100% into everything they do, from the waiting staff, to the guest relations, nursing etc. The people make it what it is.
_E. Weston, United Kingdom_