This art holiday at a family estate situated in Evia, an island in central Greece, offers an ideal setting to improve your art skills. The Karachalios family of artists have over a century of experience between them, and they're eager to share it with you in this inviting rustic environment that has been both their home, and studio, for the past twenty years. With a student to teacher ratio of no more than 3 to 1, each participant receives individual instruction on art design, painting and sculpture.
You'll spend your art vacation in a creative and pleasant way, enjoying Greek family hospitality and natural surroundings. Your hosts will also share with you their love for creative cooking, using fresh local ingredients. The estate features luxurious accommodation and outdoor spaces influenced by the personal artistic taste of the owners themselves.
Trekking, cycling, swimming, museum visits, countryside walks and excursions are some of the arranged activities that bring the guests closer to Greece's natural and cultural beauty.
There are a number of workshops & durations available so please inquire with your wishes & dates and so that tailored programme can be designed to suit you and your group!
Price for 3-day programs – special thematic workshops: 8 hours (4 hours /day for 2 days). Inquire for Day/Week programs.
The schedule is organized specially for each group of guests that participate in the same week. Of course each participant may choose to have his own schedule and organize his vacations using freely the facilities of the estate.
A typical day could be like this :
- 09:00 – 10:00 Breakfast
- 10:00 – 14:00 Courses at workshop
- 14:30 Lunch
- 17:00 – 20:00 Outdoor activities
- 20:30 – 21:30 Dinner, Music, relaxation!
There are a number of workshops & durations available so please enquire with your wishes & dates and we will come back to you with a tailored programme for you and your group!
- 7-day programs: 24 total hours of workshops (4 hours /day for 6 days)
- 1-day programs – workshops for children: 4 hours
- Transport between Athens airport and Balibari estate
- Courses for the number of days chosen
- All materials and tools used for the artworks
- Full-board accommodation in twin bed rooms
- All meals, snacks, wine and beverages
- Transport for visits, excursions, surroundings that are included to the week schedule
- DVD with photos of the week participation
- Free use of wifi internet, bicycles, books, laundry, library, pc, and guest kitchen
Special prices for group booking, weekend booking, special programs upon request.
Please feel free to contact us for further information.
A deposit will be requested in advance for reservation of dates.
Each guest can be accommodated in a double room (twin beds) that include the following facilities:
- WC with shower and warm water
- Closet for personal belongings
- Towels and amenities (new twice a week)
- Room cleaning everyday
- Internet wireless connection
- He can also use freely a public computer with internet connection found in the library of the residence, the guest kitchen, and all the outdoor space for reading, art work and relax.
George Karachalios has been working as a sculptor and painter for 35 years. He has taught art and design for 10 years. He is awarded from the Academy of Athens for his work. George uses many different materials and techniques and his art work are placed in several public spaces in Greece. He also loves sailing and creative cooking.
_Rena Griva – Karachaliou_has been working as a sculptor and art tutor for 32 years. She has a passion for teaching, analyzing the art process, and has participated in many art group exhibitions. She likes to host friends, and having creative time with them.
Antonis Karachalios has been workingas an architect and urban designer for 10 years. During summers he has taught children architecture modelling and art. He is a computer expert and loves sailing, windsurfing and cycling.
Efi Karygianni has been working as an architect and urban designer for 10 years. She has participated in constructions, art installations and children teaching and loves ballet, theater and art.