A unique destination, Imaret was created by Mohamed Ali, the founder of newer Egypt, as a gift to his birthplace, Kavala, a city in the northeast side of Greece. This unique Islamic monument has been authentically restored into a luxury thematic hotel where you can experience a unique wellness mini-break, romantic weekend or honeymoon.
This special luxury package offers you a taste of that past, allowing us to share with you the experience of 1001 nights, where the fading light of candles combined with the whisper of running water will soothe your body and soul.
Imaret, the jewel of the Aegean, is a special place that merges two natures, those of a monument and those of a luxury hotel, featuring 26 uniquely designed and decorated rooms. The rooms surround 3 distinctive inner gardens, reflecting the charm of original Islamic gardens set in the past.
Our Treasure Suites are characterized by impressive architectural details with built-on wooden beds and mosaic bathtubs or exposed-stone domes and massif marble tubs overlooking the sea or courtyard. The Dome Rooms are elegant and spread across Imaret's gardens with some of them radiating from the internal courts while others overlook the sea through the byzantine fortress.
The original hamam treatment with the scrub and light massage will add to your luxurious recreation and a swim in our private secret cistern will pamper you even further. As for our special massage treatments, we leave it to your imagination.
The dining room is an ideal background for an unforgettable candlelight dinner, based on Mediterranean cuisine. Our salads, vegetables, fruits and herbs come fresh, from our own organic garden.
Enjoy our old fashion breakfast served in original Haviland-Limoges porcelain, named after the Empress Eugenie, to remind the romance of an Egyptian ruler and the European Empress.
We invite you to a unique luxury experience perfect for a mini break to sooth mind body and soul, a romantic weekend away or a unique honeymoon.
Your stay at the Imaret will be an unforgettable experience of luxury offering you a deep historical and cultural insight into its history and heritage. Besides your stay here with us and the Imaret experience Combadi & Imaret offer you the following exclusive travel experiences.
The following excursions are tailormade and organised according to your wishes..
- Mudbaths excursion; with the Imaret minivan
- Sailing around Kavala; Sailing boat ride around the city with an experienced captain
- Day Sailing trip to Thasos; Sailing boat ride around Thasos Island with an experienced captain
- Thessaloniki Tour; With the Imaret minivan
- Wine & Gastronomy Experince including a one hour winetasting at “Ktima Vivlia Hora” in Kavala, with 2 wine labels accompanied by cheese & a winetasting seminar at “Ktima Lazaridis” in Drama, with 2 wine labels.
- Boat ride to Agion Oros: Sailing boat ride from Kavala or with the Imaret minivan till Mount Athos. Duration of 7 hours (2 hours to/from destination and 3 hours tour of the premises)
Price is per person in a double room for low season. Enquire for a quote.
- 2 night stay in a Deluxe Dome Room or Treasure Suite
- Daily Imaret Breakfast, served in our restaurant
- Hamam treatment for 2 (on a day of your choosing, please reserve in advance)
- 20% reduction in our Spa treatments
- A 3 course dinner a la carte for 2, served in our restaurant (beverages excluded)
- Imarets unique goodnight service
Prices for 2 people
- Deluxe Dome Room: €870
- Treasure Suite: €1.350
The tailormade experiences have been especially created for Combadi customers.
Please enquire with us or the hotel and make your visit unforgettable.
Landmarks worth visiting while at Imaret with us
- Old town of Kavala
- Archeological site of Philippi (Byzantine& post Byzantine Monuments)
- Byzantine Walls and Castle
- Mohamed Ali Museum
- Kavala Port
- Archeological Museum of Kavala
- Municipal Museum of Tobacco
- History and Folklore Museum
- Thasos Island
- Beach of Kalamitsa
- Megas Alexandros Airport of Kavala
- Macadonia Airport of Thessaloniki (SKG)
- Old Town of Xanthi
- International Wetland of Nestos River (& Vistonida Lake)
Imaret is situated in the city of Kavala, 30km away from Kavala International Airport. Kavala is located 125km from Thessaloniki, Greece's second biggest town renowned for its rich history and its being a cultural crossroad between the Ottman, Byzantine & Jewish civilization.
Just 440km from Istanbul, Imaret can be your perfect backdrop for an exploration of Northern Greece and Turkish cultural visit.
For any questions, assistance with flight bookings, special request, let us know and we will help you make your Imaret experience a life-changing moment.