Join expert Sattva Yoga instructor Ali Valdez on an enriching excursion of yoga, creativity and mythology in October 2014. During this ten day yoga holiday you'll tickle all five of your senses and bask in the magnificence of Athens, Delphi and Crete. Your Greek yoga experience will juxtapose ancient Greece with all that the present has to offer, creating an endless flow of inspiration.
Together with Ali Valdez, you'll explore the myths of the places you pass, mining them for insights into a more profound, meaningful and creative life. Yoga will be a cornerstone of the journey, as you delve into the depths of your minds and bodies on a mission of healing and clarity.
Grasping Ariadne’s thread, you'll follow Ali from the Parthenon, where the goddess Athena was chosen over Poseidon; to Apollo at the Oracle of Delphi, the navel of the world; and finally to Chora Sfakion in Crete and the wondrous labyrinth echoing with the stories of Theseus, Daedalus and Icarus. Your guided journey will amble you through the maze of your own lives, providing valuable lessons along the way.
Marvelous Cretan beaches, body-nourishing yoga sessions, beautiful Greek landscapes, full board local Greek cuisine and welcoming people await you. This trip will be a magical balance of opportunities for personal growth and relaxation.
Your beautifully restored traditional Cretan house situated in Chora Sfakion. Overlooking a small cliff, it's just five minutes walk to the beach, the local shops as well as restaurants, but still offers privacy thanks to the lush garden that surrounds the estate.
- October 7th: Afternoon arrival with celebration dinner in the Plaka (we will review the agenda for the trip)
- October 8th: Day in Athens with tours of Acropolis, Archeological Museum; sunset at the Temple of Poseidon in Sounion.
- October 9th: Tour of the temple of Delphi
- October 10th: Arrival in Chora Sfakion, Crete at dedicated yoga hotel.
- October 11th: Day of spa, relaxation & trip to local beaches & shops
- October 12th: Optional hike through the epic Samaria Gorge
- October 13th: Tours of Knossos and cave of the Minotaur
- October 14th: Free day or optional excursion to Santorini
- October 15th: Visit to Gotys and the temple of Apollo
- October 16th: Tree of Life and visit to Orthodox church
- October 17th: Closing circle and trip to Chania
- Two hour morning classes (Vinyasa or Slow Flow)
- Hour long evening classes
Price is per person for double-occupancy.
- Room and full board
- All yoga classes
- Admissions fees
- Shuttles to/from Athens and Crete airports
Be sure to book your flight into Athens with departure from Crete (Chania).
Ali, what I experienced in Peru was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I am so thankful for your love and care for me. Please tell your mother thank you for having you; you are such a blessing!
–JAL, retreat participant 2013
Ali's workshops were beyond amazing! I learned so much more than I expected. Not only did it reignite my desire to grow in my strength and my yoga practice, but also my desire to pursue teacher training. Thank you for your commitment to always provide the very best to your students.
-AB, holistic healer and yoga practitioner