So you’ve already booked your summer holiday or are thinking of breaking into your savings account and fleeing to your dream destination. Did you know that there are a number of reasons you might want to use a bicycle once you get there?
1. Get high – It has been scientifically proven that exercise releases endorphins, making you feel great! Hotel overbooked? Baggage lost? Last minute work emergency? Go for a bike ride and get that legal high, as you leave your worries behind!
2. Take in more of the three S’s – While driving to a destination, you’re passing up on the sights, sounds and smells of most everything on your way. On a bicycle, you’ll get to experience and appreciate more of your surroundings.
3. Look liked a seasoned traveler – Nothing says ‘first timer’ like a person standing in the middle of the street with a map, looking lost. This all changes if you’re on top of a bike – because even if you’re already lost just 10 meters outside of your hotel, it looks like you’ve come a long way to reach that place and probably still have a long way to go – and that looks cooler.
4. Ride the cycle electric – Electric bicycles are available in most major cities around the word, so little effort is required anymore to get from point A to point B, even if a hill is blocking your way! Another major advantage to e-bikes is their range, allowing you to explore more while tiring less.
5. Enjoy no-guilt culinary excursions - Are you booking that culinary holiday or just visiting a country known for its great food? There’s no need to count calories, because pedaling will burn most of them off! Enjoy local cuisine to your heart’s content because when you return, you’re going to regret not having tried that monster pastry.
6. Get a good night’s sleep – Maybe you booked the proverbial “chipper chicken” of a hotel – it turns out that the pillow is thinner than a diet Scandinavian bran wafer and the mattress is just as hard. No matter, because after a full day of biking, you’re going to sleep as if your whole bed is made of goose down. You’ll wake up bright and early the next day, refreshed and ready for another bike adventure!
7. Make friends on the way – Cycling is a social adventure that tens, and sometimes hundreds of people take part in. As you all pedal away, your fellow bikers are sure to chat with you, or stop to help you recalibrate your brakes – or maybe even your heart.
To learn more about Combadi’s biking holidays, click here!