You ‘re back. It was a great summer.
The meetings, the conference calls, the deadlines; they all seemed a thing of the past. The end of your holiday need not be a reason for you to get depressed and start the winter on a low.
Combadi has compiled a list of the best 10 ways helping you avoid getting depressed on your first day back at work. Here we go – give us a smile:
1. Plan your next holiday.
It is still warm in the south of Europe. Check your holiday allowance and even if you have 1 more day left, book a 3-day getaway for the end of September and why not jet off to a swimming holiday in Spain, a culture trip in Greece or a cycling holiday in Sicily.
2. Organise a team meeting and ask everyone to share their funniest holiday story.
Don’t forget that everyone is feeling as miserable as you do. A bit of relaxing and daydreaming will help improve the office mood.
3. Call your friends still on holiday
Ask them to share a photo and tag you on it. You ‘ll feel you ‘re there with them too!
4. Post a holiday photo after the end of each conference call on your 1st day.
5. Take a long lunch. Sit under the sun. Close your eyes for a minute.
8. Leave work early and have a drink. Have a second one.
9. Plan something special for the weekend. Treat yourself to a posh dinner, buy tickets to a good play, visit your nearest beach (if you have one).
And now… for the biggest stress-buster of them all:
10. Flirt. Just smile to someone on your way home. If they smile back, you never know..